This time of social distancing has changed many things in our lives, but it has not changed the care and compassion that we provide to our residents and patients every day.
You’ve entrusted someone you love to our care, and that’s a precious gift that we take very seriously. It is so difficult to be isolated from someone you love, but we want you to know that we are meeting this pandemic head on with every precaution we can to keep your family member safe and to minimize risk associated with the coronavirus.
We are communicating with our administrators, directors of nursing and other managers on a daily basis to add new protocols as new guidance becomes available from federal, state and local officials.
In an effort to provide you with information as quickly as possible, we’ve created this page and will update it regularly. If there is more information that you’d like see here, let us know by email to: Communications@SrCare.org.
We appreciate your continued support and will continue work with compassion and kindness in an effort to ensure the health and safety of those entrusted to our care.
Presbyterian SeniorCare Network
|While our residents may not be able to see you right now, they’d love to hear from you! Let’s not forget our team members too, who are on the front lines of providing compassionate care every day.
Brighten their day with a note or card, long or short, big or small to spread some #RaysOfSunshine to us all. Or, follow us on Facebook and comment on one of our #RaysOfSunshine posts with a video, photo, or encouraging words to spread sunshine.
Here are some of the videos and messages we have received:
If you’d like your #RaysOfSunshine to go to a specific community on one of our campuses, please specify in your note or card. Click here to learn more.
Heroes are those who put others before themselves, especially under challenging circumstances. At Presbyterian SeniorCare Network, we are surrounded by heroes.
We’re excited to launch the Heroes with Heart team member appreciation project to salute and recognize the commitment and dedication from our team members during this challenging global pandemic.
In the weeks ahead, we will be sharing small acts of gratitude that we hope will bring a smile to each and every team member’s face, lift their spirits and let them know that the difference they are making every day is noticed and appreciated. Click here to learn more.
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra radio
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra Extraordinary –measures for COVID-19 program
- Inhale Pittsburgh, virtual yoga, $20/week
- Urban Elements Power Yoga and Indoor Cycling on the Northside has 1 free live class per day on Instagram
- Orange Theory-located in Pittsburgh-offering free in-home 30 minute workouts, new workouts posted daily
- Virtually enjoy Pittsburgh’s cultural activities
- Carnegie Museums from Home provides a wide array of links to activities and learning opportunities
- Heinz History Center’s “History at Home” provides a variety of virtual history offerings.or listen to The Cornerstone podcast
- Carnegie Museum of Art’s “Storyboard” is a forum for critical thinking about art and ideas
- Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh’s “Stay in and Read” provides a reading list each week
COVID-19 Themed Resources
- Us Dept of Health & Human Services
- What should you do if you think you might have Coronavirus?
- What to do if you feel sick?
- What is Social Distancing?
- Coping in stressful times
- 10 Ways to Keep Residents Engaged During COVID-19
- Family Resource
- New York Jackie Summers and Daniella Veras are hosting a nigthly cocktail hour during the COVID 19 Epidemic for a place to socialize virtually during social distancing. They go live at 6PM and 11PM ET.
- SAGE matches LGBT elders with community members and allies who want to connect during this time of crisis
- Virtual Senior Academy
- Evidence-based knowledge about how to effectively support those living with dementia, and to provide the day-to-day resources needed by those providing the care
- British Museum, London
- National Gallery of Art, Washington D.C.
- Musée d’Orsay, Paris
- Pergamon Museum, Berlin
- Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam
- Uffizi Gallery, Florence
- MASP, São Paulo
- Mattress Factory-contemporary art virtual tours and artist interviews
- Rob Report has several links for viewing virtual Museums all around the world
- Frick Art and Historical Center virtual tours
- Met Museum 360 Project – Virtual Tour Experience
- Whitney Museum – Stream past public programming
- Museum of Modern Arts – free online courses
- The Louvre
- The Guggenheim in New York virtual Tour
- The Vatican and Sistine Chapel in Rome virtual tour
- National Gallery of Art in Washington D.C. virtual educational tours
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Register, choose your local library, enter your library card number and borrow e-books for up to 1 week
- Scrabble, chess, Mahjong, Sudoku and crossword puzzles, and thousands of other games for free
- Online games also are available through AARP
Woman’s Healthy Living
- Senior relationships, senior life, healthy living information from physicians, interactivity, blogs, and on-line classes target to senior women
- How to set up a computer if you’re visually impaired or how to avoid e-mail scams, animation and easy-to-understand screenshots
- Zoom videoconferencing is offering free subscriptions with a 40 minute time limit
- Facebook for video chats
- Skype for video chats
- Senior fashion, beauty, décor and antiques
- webcams, museums, park tours, concerts, etc.
- The Alzheimers Foundation of America is showing virtual programs like chair fitness, art and concerts on Facebook
- Global movement to bring meaning to late life creative engagement
Zoos and Outdoors
- This is a link to an article about the aviary’s 1pm daily activities: zoo webcan, podcast and educational programming
- Cincinnati Zoo
- National Parks 360 Degree Virtual Tour
- Silver Sneakers has lots of free videos on YouTube – including some chair exercises
- Brookland’s bluebird sky yoga in Washington DC ($35/week, $49/month)
- Yoga Heights, free livestream and pre-recorded classes on YouTube daily
- Down Dog, personalized yoga app (App is free until April 1st)
- Planet Fitness, free live streamed workouts daily on Facebook
- How to use Alexa for fitness options
- Free stretch, pilates and upper body workouts
- Biogilates- #1 fitness channel for females on YouTube. Classes available for all levels including a 14 day quarantine workout plan, total body, lower abs and total arms
- Aaptiv-audio based fitness app that offers on-demand, unlimited access to thousands of workouts with more than 30 new classes every week. Free 30 day trial, then $14.99/month
- Jazz at Lincoln Center
- Stream Met Opera Performances
- Stream NY Philharmonic
- Stream Chamber Music Society
Virtual Book Club
- Virtual Facebooks book club
- Virtual book club on zoom offering free subscriptions with a 40 minute time limit
- Virtual book club located on skype
- book clubs