SeniorCare News Details
Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Lifestyle Engagement Team Members Honored
August 9, 2017
Several members of the Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Lifestyle Engagement team, as well as two of our dedicated volunteers, were recently recognized by the Pennsylvania Therapeutic Recreation Society (PTRS) for their outstanding work and commitment to the recreation field.
- Melissa Tomko, administrator at Woodside Place, the dementia-specific community at the Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Oakmont campus, was nominated and selected as the 2017 Distinguished Member for her dedication as a mentor that promotes person-centered philosophy and for her hands-on, quality leadership.
- Sarah Kuhns, lifestyle engagement team lead, was nominated and recognized as the
Outstanding New Professional. Sarah started with us as an intern at Longwood at Oakmont, our premier retirement community, and was immediately hired right out of school. She has demonstrated the ability to learn, implement new programs and build relationships with our
independent living residents at the campus.
- Kara Berringer, art therapist at the Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Oakmont campus, was recognized for the special event of the year for her ongoing art programs. Kara received the award because of her unique and innovative ways to reach our residents through art.
- Ryan Satira, lifestyle engagement intern at the Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Oakmont campus, received a Student Scholarship Award for his motivation and dedication to learning more about the field and to working with diverse populations.
- Drew and Will Kiev, volunteers (and brothers!) at the Presbyterian SeniorCare Network Oakmont campus, received the Volunteerism Award for their outstanding commitment to Presbyterian SeniorCare Network. Drew and Will help out 3-4 days per week assisting with outings, special events and intergenerational programs.
Congratulations to all of the winners of the PTRS Awards who were recognized at the PTRS annual conference in June.
Photo caption: Pictured here, the winners! L to R: Lynne Pomietlarz (PTRS) and Melissa Tomko; Sarah Kuhns and Haley Smith (PTRS), and Ryan Satira and Melissa Tomko.
Longwood at Oakmont
Presbyterian SeniorCare at Home
Villa St Joseph
Longwood At Home
SeniorCare Network / Affordable Housing
Management and Consulting Services
Presbyterian SeniorCare Foundation
412-826-6083 or 412-826-6080
New Wilmington Campus / Shenango on the Green
Elmwood Gardens: 814-864-4802/Manchester Commons: 814-838-9191
Oil City Campus